Here are the teams the Pats will need to go through to claim a fifth straight AFC East title:
THE GOOD: Miami Dolphins
NEW FACES: Mike Wallace,
KEY LOSSES: Jake Long, Sean Smith
RISING: Lamar Miller
- Can Ryan Tannehill improve enough to lead the Dolphins to their first playoff appearance in 5 years? Can he get them their first win playoff win since December 2000?
- Is Mike Wallace the playmaking deep threat that he was signed to be?
- With the loss of Dustin Keller (to a gruesome knee injury), who else will step up as a solid receiving target for Tannehill?
THE BAD: Buffalo Bills
NEW FACES: E.J. Manuel, Kevin Kolb, Matt Leinart, Robert Woods
KEY LOSSES: Ryan Fitzpatrick
RISING: C.J. Spiller
- With Kevin Kolb's concussions and E.J. Manuel's balky knee, is Matt Leinart now the favorite to start Week 1?
- UPDATE: Nope, it will be UDFA rookie Jeff Tuel. (WHO?)
- Can gifted C.J. Spiller make the leap to elite RB status and put the Bills' offense on his back?
- Is Syracuse grad & former coach Doug Marrone cut out to be a successful NFL head coach or is he there because he's a Cuse guy?
THE UGLY: New York Jets
|Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez|
NEW FACES: Geno Smith
KEY LOSSES: Darrelle Revis
RISING: Bilal Powell
- Whether it's Mark Sanchez or Geno Smith at QB, do they stand a chance with either guy under center?
- How do they make up for the loss of shutdown corner and defensive stalwart Darrelle Revis?
- If Jets get off to a slow start, does Rex Ryan make it to the end of the season?