Rookie Kenbrell Thompkins had an inauspicious start for the Patriots in Week 1. He was targeted 13 times for 4 receptions and 42 yards. He missed two great opportunities at touchdowns.
Thompkins also failed to make two difficult sideline catches and slipped on a wide open crossing route in the middle of the field.
The good news? Most of his issues are correctable; they're mistakes Thompkins can fix watching game film and practicing. Here are his 5 biggest learning opportunities from the Buffalo game:
- Toe Tap on Sideline Catches
- Turn Body on Back-Shoulder Throw
- Use Proper Spacing in Back of End Zone
- Make Route Adjustments Quicker
- Block Correctly on Screen/Sweep
Don't jump off the bandwagon yet. Once the kid gets it all together, he will be a dangerous weapon in the Patriots' offense.